Pages

Followers

Friday, December 2, 2011

Not Taken Seriously

I was told today (or yesterday) that why I talk I can come of like I don't know what I'm talking about.
*Pause* While this is being told to me I'm think, so people hear me talk and think I'm stupid?

I'm a nerd! So, if people think I don't know what I'm talking about they won't take me seriously. I'm so not happy. I'm a soft spoken person and its already hard for me to speak out loud. I'm used to be being out talked, ignored but I hate to not be taken seriously.

More and more I feel like I'm not taken seriously. And it hurts. Have you ever just hit a, what the hell am I hear for moment. I have worked so hard my whole life to be heard and now that I am people think that what comes out makes no sense? I'm frustrated beyond belief.

Its depressing to watch someone's face go blank on you while your mid-sentence all the wind gets taken out of you. It makes me wonder truly what I am doing. I often wonder if  I could become invisible again like I was as a kid when I didn't say anything.

Maybe I am too sensitive. At least that's what I've been told. But everyone wants to be heard. Everyone wants to be taken seriously.

Unfortunately in my life, both personal and professional I'm just not. *sigh*

My world has been rough lately and ... it still is


.... to be continued

0 comments:

Post a Comment