Pages

Followers

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Is Young the New Black?

Last weekend I was at my sister's school for a visit and it so happened that the NFL Draft was last weekend also. So on TV and all around me were single men all younger than me. When you start to feel old at 23 there is something seriously wrong. What also is seriously wrong is how guys 20 and younger can look like grown men. What are their parents feeding them? Whatever it is they need to stop. I say this after finding myself attracted to a high school senior who looked more like a college senior. I had to pick my mouth up off the fall and try (not really hard) to show my disappointment. When I think that he was 13 when I was 18 was uber disturbing to say the least.

Here's the dilemma (besides feeling like a pedophile) I don't date guys younger than me. I never have. Its hard enough to find something you have in common with a guy your own age. With someone younger, I figure it would be next to impossible. How can you discuss the origins of the Pythagorean theorem with someone who is just learning it (not that I actually talk about that but its good to have the option)? Yet, as I watched the draft and all the fine men who were selected this year (Aaron Curry and Michael Crabtree who both have amazing looks and skills) I wonder is the dating pool getting younger?

You can no longer go by looks because they all look old. The problem is that I have very old school taste (love the fashion of the 70s, listen to the Temptations, Roberta Flack, young Whitney and Luther) and the new school doesn't really hold appeal except that they are quite good looking. I'm more drawn to the old school. Which gets me looks from my friends but there is just something about a mature man. Guys my age? Most are lost, not working, haven't finished school, living off they momma. Or maybe that's just the ones I've dated. They no longer hold appeal I guess.

So I feel stuck. I'm 23. Too old to be dating someone almost the same age as my brother and too young (for some) to date the older men I also find quite attractive. Most of them are married anyway. (Just so you know I DON'T date married men) So what are my options? Do I move into the uncharted waters of the younger man? The world of fun and no commitments and raging hormones. The danger: are they ready for what I want? I'm on the fence. Maybe its just better to sit on my perch and admire from afar.

Luckily (or unluckily) where I'm from there aren't many temptations. (I still curse myself that I didn't go to school down south and get me a fine dark skin brother). I'm known as Grandma to most in my world. What young buck wants to date a Grandma?

Black is still the finest accessory to wear and it looks good wit everything. Are younger men now that new show piece? That goes with everything and is stacked with unharness potential and masculine energy? (Sigh)

Yet, Mr. E is still foremost in my mind at this present time. He's in the older man category and he scratches my mental stimulation itch that most young men don't know how to begin to touch. But idle hands as they say and before too long I'm gonna want to touch. My fingers are starting to itch. What is a single girl to do?

My favorite color is black.

What do you think?

...to be continued

0 comments:

Post a Comment