Pages

Followers

Saturday, May 9, 2009

At Peace

My grandpa passed away yesterday morning. Most will probably think me heartless with my next comment but tough.

I'm not sad. I'm relieved and happy. For the last couple of months its been hard, knowing that he could choke to death and then him falling. It was breaking my heart that the man I knew as strong and independent was becoming frail and dependent on others for his care. He was feeling like a burden when that was the furthest thing from the truth and he wanted to go home to be with the Lord.

How can you be sad that one of the people you love most is now free from pain? Will I miss him? Of course. He was my last living grandparent and one of the sweetest people in life. But just knowing that he's not suffering anymore, that he's finally with my grandma (his wife, who his missed all this time. She died October 2003), and that he's free gives me peace.

No more choking, no more falling, no longer frail because for him absent from the body is present with the Lord. He has a new body free from cancer, that stands up straight without assistance, in a place where only happiness can abide. I have happiness and peace knowing that he is free. And hope.

Hope that one day freedom will come for me. Freedom from choking, freedom from falling, freedom from fraility.

And one day, I'll see him again...

0 comments:

Post a Comment