Pages

Followers

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Grandpa

I went to visit my grandfather who is 91 and suffering from throat cancer. To see someone you love in pain is so difficult. You wish that you could take the pain away. You could see and feel that he was in pain and all I could do was sit and watch him. Yet, at 91 he is one of the strongest people I've ever know. His faith has never wavered, his handshake is still strong. He is who I want to be when I grow up. Life isn't an easy journey but when you see someone who in the midst of it all can still smile, still have hope, still be strong in spirit and faith it inspires you to live a life so much better than mediocre, so much richer, so much strong than where you currently are. A part of me wishes he could live forever, his death will leave such a void in the lives of my family. But knowing that one day I will see him again and it won't be how I just saw him makes my heart glad. Even as I wanted to cry I thank God that he allowed my live to be aligned with such a great man of God. A legacy passed to my dad, down to me and hopefully to my children. I love you Grandpa. Well done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment