Pages

Followers

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Love is ... Action

 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
 Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8


You decide to love someone. Its not just warm fuzzies and tinglies that run around in your body, butterflies that flap their wings because the object of your affection has entered the room. Love is action. Its a conscious decision to put someone else's thoughts, wants, needs and desires before your own. Its a conscious decision to forget past wrongs, its a conscious decision to not be rude, to be patient with them, to consider their feelings. Love is protecting one another, love is trusting each other, love is hoping in everything that they are to you, Love is never throwing in the towel. Love never falls out of love. 


If you "fall" out of love with someone then you decided that. Love doesn't just stop. And if it does I wonder if it was truly love to begin with. This isn't just romantic love but all love. We throw the word love around so carelessly knowing full well that we have no intention of being true love to that person. Trust me I don't always get this right but I do take love seriously. There are many people I care about deeply but there are few that I love honestly and truly. I love people who at times don't deserve my love but then again there are times I don't deserve their love either. Who are we to judge who does and doesn't deserve love?


Love isn't about deserving it or not. If you truly love someone its no matter what they've done, said or thought.


Love isn't empty promises and sweet words. Don't tell me you love me. Show me you love me. Not with just flowers and candy but with eyes that express what words can't, with showing me grace when I do something u think is dumb, by not putting me down, by giving me a day off to remind me of why I chose you, by not lying to me, by not giving me a reason to doubt you. There are countless ways to show true love.


I know no one can perfect loving someone. Thats not what I seek but I want someone who is willing to make the same commitment to love as I do. I'm not a perfect lover of people. I'm not pretending to be, I only know of one person who was.

I just know what love isn't. And I won't settle for what it isn't.



.... to be continued

0 comments:

Post a Comment