Pages

Followers

Friday, June 26, 2009

Done before it even started

Well I told you about Spike like a post (or two) ago. I spoke to him last night and I found out that we are from different religions. In a romantic relationship that's a deal breaker for me.

Don't get mad at me for this. I believe (and my Bible tells me) that you and your partner should be of like mind. Especially because I hope that my life in singleville will be short and that I will move to marry-wood soon I'm constantly looking at things that could cause issues down the road. This is one of them. When you start talking about kids (I want to raise mine in church), my life in ministry (at my church), my family (my father is the pastor of my church) dealing with someone who doesn't think as you or believe as you does not a happy relationship/marriage make.

So he has been moved to the friend category which isn't a bad thing because I can always use a friend who is goal oriented, challenges me mentally and can open my eyes to new things. But I am a little sad. I was actually looking forward to where this could have gone.

But (sigh) as far as having a romantic relationship? Its a no go.

Another one bits the dust. :(

...to be continued

0 comments:

Post a Comment