Pages

Followers

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Lightning Strikes Twice

This post is titled in honor of the weather we having up here in NY. Stormy with lots of thunder and lightning. The question tonight is does lightning strike twice? Yes.

This post is about none other than epic fail. I really hope that this is the LAST time I write about him.

So he hit me up last night on IM and I ignored him. So then he hit me up on my phone. I ignored that too. So today he hit me up again. By now I'm fed up. (I've been ignoring him for almost a month now) I want this to end. So when he texts me today I text back,

"Wat is good with u? What do you want?"

Maybe I shouldn't of said it that way. Maybe I should have been nicer. But today was a long day. I was tired and I really didn't want him to talk to me. It is what it is.

So then he calls me... Twice. I'm really not trying to talk to him plus I was on my way home from work so I was underground. Had no service. So when I get out the train I have 2 missed calls, a voicemail and a text. I know they all from him. So I read the text.

This dude called me a phony b&*%h. Is he kidding?! He goes on to say that I need to act like an adult and that I was dishonest because I didn't tell him I wasn't interested. So I said (paraphasing) I didn't lie, I'm not phony, and how can you tell me to act like an adult after the mess of a first date we had where you totally disrespected me.

My man once again calls me dishonest, asks me when he disrespected me and then said, "Are you stupid". And he wonders how he disrespected me? Really? Maybe it was when you told me I don't pay attention or when you asked me "Can you walk?" or maybe its was when you told me "Thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard".

But it gets better (its always does). He continues to call me out my name, tells me I need to grow up, that I was dishonest, and that when he's not interested in someone he's "man" enough (I use that term loosely) to tell them. So I told him fine, I'm telling you now that I'm not interested.

He continues to curse at me and carry on.

Now I coulda said a lot of things. I choose to take the high road and I told him good luck with everything and I thanked him for teaching me a lot from this experience. Dude continued to call me dishonest so I had to set him straight. I told him lying requires speaking and since we weren't speaking how was I lying.

dis⋅hon⋅est

–adjective

not honest; disposed to lie, cheat, or steal; not worthy of trust or belief: a dishonest person.

I don't feel I was being dishonest at any point. (Now I could be wrong, I doubt it, but its possible.) At no point did I show interest in him. I never initiated a call, I never intiated a text, or an IM. If he had at any point looked me in my face during our "date" he would have seen my disinterest. The last thing I said to him with an eye roll and a neck twist was, "Well ok, goodbye." Then to top it off, I've been ignoring you for the last 3 weeks (Thats almost a month).

I was done talking to this dude 3 weeks ago and I'm so done now. I told him as much too. But he continued to go on cursing and acting real ignorant. Finally I had enough so I blocked his number.

I never realized that ignoring someone was dishonest. Is it ideal? No but its neither dishonest nor phony as he kept telling me I was. The thing that's crazy is that guys do this all the time. They don't want to talk to you they ignore you. They don't explain why and to be honest if you don't want to talk to me thats fine. I move on, no hard feelings, it wasn't meant to be.

Dude acts like some scorned chick who wants you to know they're mad. You know what I'm talking about. That chick you take to a public place to break up with her cuz you know she gonna get loud and crazy. So the roles were reversed. I was the calm, "Whatever". And he was, "You every four letter word possible with misspellings and spewing hate."

Well, he is blocked on my phone, IM and hopefully (cross your fingers and toes) from my life.

I didn't think he could get any worse, I was so wrong. Lightning does strike twice. Is it wrong to wish for a bolt of lightning to strike him? Just wondering.

... to be continued.

0 comments:

Post a Comment